This Icon Privacy Statement ("Privacy Statement") describes our privacy practices for the activities set out in this Privacy Statement. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to learn how we collect, use, share and otherwise process information relating to individuals ("Personal Data"), and to learn about your rights and choices regarding our processing of your Personal Data. To ensure privacy, Icon complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), e-Privacy Directive and supports initiative for self-regulation including the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) GDPR Transparency & Consent Framework.
A reference to "Icon" "we," "us" or the "Company" is a reference to Icon.inc and the relevant affiliate involved in the processing activity. The addresses of our office where Icon, inc. is Russia, Moscow, Podsosenskiy lane, 21, bld. 1A.
Icon is not an ad network or a data broker. Icon is a digital advertising technology platform (Platform
) where advertising agencies, corporate businesses and other technology providers (Clients
) can manage their advertising campaigns in the most efficient way possible and buy advertising spaces on third-party websites and other digital media properties and intermediaries that have integrated our technology or that use the technology that integrates with our Platform (Sites
). Icon provides the Clients the services to remotely access and use our Platform (Services
). Our Clients and Sites own their own data, and Icon has only limited rights to process their data on their behalves for the purpose of providing the Services.
We may process your data when you (an Internet user) visit a Site. What information does Icon collect?
Icon is designed to use certain types of data. It includes data generated through Icon as well as data clients receive from other sources and then use on Icon, or that they buy through Icon. This may include pseudonymous information about Internet users' browsers and devices, such as:
How long is the information stored and kept?
- the type of browser and its settings,
- information about the device's operating system,
- cookie information,
- information about other identifiers assigned to the device, and the IP address from which the device accesses a client's website or mobile application
- information about whether an Internet user has visited a Icon client's website, based on web beacons placed on the site by our customer
- information about the geographic location of the device when it accesses a website or mobile application
- inferences or information about users' interests that are created, acquired, bought, sold, or used by our clients
For data collected via browsers and stored in cookies, Icon stores pseudonymous targeting segments for up to 60 days. For data collected via mobile application advertising and stored via mobile advertising IDs Icon stores this data for up to 180 days. Our systems typically reset the retention period each time we encounter the same user. How does Icon collect this information?
We use any information provided by Icon and Basis Platform advertising customers for the following service-related purposes:
- To provide, operate, manage, maintain and enhance the platform. We internally perform statistical and other analysis on information we collect (including usage data, device data, referral data, and information from page tags) to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our services, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our Services.
- To assist the enforcement of our Terms of Service.
- To prevent potentially illegal activities.
- To screen for undesirable or abusive activity.
- To contact you about your service or account. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, welcome emails when you first register, etc.). You can't opt out of these communications, since they are necessary in order for us to effectively provide our services to you.
- To contact you for marketing purposes. We will only do this if you have given us your express permission to contact you for this purpose.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To create new services, features or content. We may use any information you provide us (e.g. via email or through our ticketing system) to create and provide new services, features or content.
As Icon or Basis Platform customer, will Icon share my information?
- We share aggregate information collected from the Icon for marketing purposes. For example, we may issue a press release announcing that users who have visited travel sites have a higher click-thru rate on finance related web pages.
- Billing and Contact information – We work with trusted agents and service providers to assist us in billing and account maintenance for our clients. For example, if you fund your platform account with a credit card, we use a credit card processing company to bill you for the Services and share your address and billing details with them in order to do so. These service providers do not retain, share, store or use that information for any other purpose. In certain instances, we may share information with our suppliers (data and inventory exchanges).
- To provide the Services – Icon may provide customer platform data to partners and service providers for the purpose of operating, managing, maintaining, or enhancing Icon's Services, including for the safety and security of the platform and the online industry, or as required by law. Icon does not share the information collected on the platform with other third parties, unless legally required.
Legal Disclaimer: We reserve the right to disclose your information as required by law, and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with any applicable judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process. As Icon customer, what communications can I expect from Icon?
- Special Offers and Updates – We will occasionally send you information on products, services, special deals, and promotions (if you opt-in on our registration page). If you no longer wish to receive this type of communication, you can opt-out through the link in the email communication.
- Surveys or Contests – From time to time, we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on our site. If you participate, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary, and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. We use this information to notify contest winners and award prizes, and to process and analyze survey results. We use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; that company is prohibited from using our users' personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
- Service-related Announcements – We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is undergoing temporary maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
- Customer Service – Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us, we will send you a welcoming email to verify your username and password. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will communicate with you through our ticketing system, via email, and by phone.
If you no longer wish to receive our promotional communications, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions included in each communication.
Through our partners, we use web beacons in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails recipients have opened. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Supplementation of Information: In order to provide certain services to you, we may supplement the personal information you submit to us with information from third party sources, including in respect of credit worthiness and verification of any information provided. Icon WEBSITE VISITORS What information does the Icon website collect, and how is it used?
Yes. "Cookies" are pieces of information (actually, alphanumeric identifiers) generated by web servers, and stored on your web browser for future access. Cookies cannot view or retrieve data from other cookies, nor can they capture files or data stored on your computer. We do not link the information that we store in cookies to any information that may be used to ascertain your real world identity. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your web browser's "help" file. We set a persistent cookie to store your passwords, so you don't have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site will be limited. For more information on cookies, see: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/faqs/cookie-file.html Is my information secure?
Yes, the portions of our website (and our other Services) that handle sensitive confidential information are secure. We are committed to maintaining the security of your information and have measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We employ industry-standard techniques to protect our systems from intrusion by unauthorized individuals. Our data center utilizes state-of-the-art physical security measures to prevent unauthorized access to the facility. In addition, all information is stored in a secure location behind firewalls and other sophisticated security systems with limited (need-to-know) administrative access. All provider employees who have access to, or are associated with, the processing of personal information are contractually obligated to respect the confidentiality of your information and abide by the privacy standards we have established. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. How do I access my information?
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in certain information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in the personal information we have in our custody or control by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying your identity when requesting access to or correction of your personal information records. If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our Service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by emailing us at email@example.com